Hi, I’m Mareike Wiedmann
I’d love to be your new business coach.
I am passionate about empowering women in the workplace and supporting the next generation of female leaders.
As a woman working in science with leadership experience, a business coach, and also a mum I want to see you grow into a successful and confident leader in your field.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career, or at a more advanced stage – I would love to work with you. My coaching sessions are open to whatever your background and your nationality.
Why I founded FrauLeadership
As an ambitious and hard-working female leader in the science and biotech industry, I have experienced my fair share of issues women still face around the world. While working internationally in countries such as Japan, China, the UK & Germany I have been confronted with a wide range of expectations on what a female leader should look like and how she should behave.
- While working internationally in countries such as Japan, China, the UK & Germany I have been confronted with a wide range of expectations on what a female leader should look like and how she should behave.
I am working to change this.
- I have been mistaken as the personal assistant on a business trip, simply for being one of the few women on the trip.
- I have had men focussing their attention entirely on a male colleague despite the fact that I was asking all the questions.
- I have had people complimenting me on the clothes I was wearing instead of the content of the presentation that I delivered.
- I had to hide behind a desk with the all-female secretaries because a group of company executives were about to enter the room.
- I have had high-school students asking me if I was married and what kind of guy I liked, instead of asking why I saw the need to stand in front of them as a woman, scientist, and potential role model.
- When I did get married, the local clerk asked me to strongly reconsider me keeping my surname. And to think of the future damage I would be responsible for by choosing to pass on two surnames to our son.
- I could also not believe what I was hearing while discussing German parental leave pay with a female government official: I was asked if my husband approved of me going back to work part-time when my son was 3 months old.
This is why I founded FrauLeadership. I want all women and girls to feel empowered and supported to follow their own path in life.
- On the other hand, as an 18-year-old girl, I received and accepted an offer to study Chemistry at the University of Oxford after several intense interview rounds.
- I convinced the University of Cambridge to give me a fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship.
During my time at university, I felt that my gender did not dictate who I could become in today’s society.
- I did start to encounter more barriers after that in everyday life and in the corporate world. But this simply adds to my motivation and drive. During my time in big pharma, I was supported by a wonderful team who had my back as their lab head.
- I was given opportunities by the senior leadership team to present in front of large audiences feeling that I was really making a difference for the people around me. And I received the most amazing support and encouragement from a Biotech company and its executive leadership team when I was expecting my son.
I am very grateful for all the opportunities I have been given in my professional career and all the empowering people in my network.
With FrauLeadership I want to give back to the next generation of female leaders in this world.
FrauLeadership contains the German word “Frau” (I am German after all), meaning Ms, Miss, or Mrs. It is about the empowerment of female leaders. And it refers to both leading yourself (self-leadership & personal development) as well as to leading others (leading teams).
To me “FrauLeadership” means that every woman or girl is the leader of her own life, her career, and her (potential future) team and that she defines how she wants to live it.
As a female leader, scientist, and business coach I want to support and empower the next generation of female leaders.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or at a more advanced stage – I want to help you reach your next level.
I am passionate about personal development and am a strong advocate for equal rights and women in leadership positions at all levels.
Let’s talk to see how I can best support you!
- I am currently completing a systemic business and life coaching qualification at the Coaching Academy Berlin, which is internationally certified by the European Coaching Association (ECA). I am passionate about coaching because I know first-hand how powerful and empowering coaching can be. A professional qualification is important to me so that I can offer you the best possible coaching experience.
- I am particularly passionate about empowering women in the workplace and supporting the next generation of female leaders. Let’s smash this glass ceiling together!
- I have a completed undergraduate degree in Chemistry from the University of Oxford and a PhD from the University of Cambridge and know what it is like to be a woman working in science and passionate about the work I do.
- I am the Head of Research Pipeline Development at an international and innovative biotech company in the Pharma Industry with the aim to bring new cancer medicines to the patient. I have leadership experience from both Big Pharma and in a fast-paced start-up environment. I am a working mum and understand what it’s like to juggle professional and personal life.
- I have an international mindset and am passionate about discovering the world we live in and the people we share this planet with and have so far lived and worked in the UK (8 years), China (2 years), Japan (2 years) & Germany (22 years).
- A coaching session with me is non-judgemental, empowering, empathetic, and honest. Whether you are at the beginning of your career and interested in self-leadership, or at a more advanced stage of your career. Let’s talk!